So, here is the list of the best books to come out of 2012 (In my opinion at least, meaning mainly Sci-Fi (Sy-fy?), Fantasy and Dystopian books will have made this list).
By the Way This post may include some spoilers of various books (Including - The Raft, Feedback, and Breathe).
The Best Books of 2012-
- The Crimson Crown By Cinda Williams Chima - An Epic end to an Epic series. Cliche? Yes, but the truth. The only bad part is that it's over. :,(
- Mark Of Athena By Rick Riordan - My favorite Author/Series ever. The only complaint I have is that Nico is never in it enough.
- Legend By Marie Lu
- Insignia By S.J. Kincaid
- The Rise Of Nine By Pittacus Lore
- Stronger: A Superhuman Clash By Micheal Carroll - My favorite of his books. One of the best books about superheros. I love this book because it shows how sometimes it's hard trying to be the good guy and it's not always a choice to not be bad, that no matter how much you want to be good and help it's not always possible and that one little thing can change how people see you and how you see yourself, And that it's a struggle to be good especially when everyone sees you as bad, that not all bad guys intend or want to be bad.
- Insurgent By Veronica Roth - While I do love the Divergent trilogy It Is NOT Better than Hunger Games. But it is pretty amazing and this one is my favorite so far. Also no matter what you say calling Tobias Four even if its not his real name is still coping I Am Number Four, in my opinion.
- The False Prince By Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Defiance By C.J. Redwine
- Girl Of Nightmares (sequel to Anna Dressed In Blood) By Kendare Blake - Is a totally awesome ghost-story type book, yet falls slightly behind its predecessor Anna Dressed In Blood.
- Lorien Legacies: Lost Files By Pittacus Lore - (All of the ones that came out, Nine's Legacy, The Fallen Legacies and The Search for Sam, and technically Six's legacy because it did come out in paperback.)
- Tiger Lily By Jodi Lynn Anderson - Not really the type of book I usually read but it sounded interesting and it's really good. Honestly I've never seen a peter pan movie or read a book about peter pan and now I never will because he's a jerk to Tiger Lily who I now love and also Wendy is a bitch and deserves to die a very painful and slow death. Was that too harsh? I think Not!
- The Blood By D.J. MacHale - D.J. MacHale is one of my favorite authors and this book the last of the Morpheus Road Trilogy does not disappoint.
- The Serpents Shadow By Rick Riordan
- The Enchantress (Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) By Micheal Scott - I thought it was a really good ending to the series, but not the best.
- 39 clues: Cahills vs. Vespers By Various people- (All that came out in 2012) While I still love the 39 clues books I don't completely like whats happening to Dan and Amy (In book 5) meaning the character development but I still love them and they're still good books.
- Guitar Notes By Mary Amato - Normally I don't read books like this but It was about music so I made an exception and it's actually a really good book, it's funny throughout the whole book yet has a good meaning behind it, if that makes sense.
- The Way We Fall By Megan Crewe
- Confessions Of A Murder Suspect By James Patterson - While I Hate the author now, I have to admit that this book was surprisingly good, but not to worry I'm sure it wont last.
- The Darkest Minds By Alexandra Bracken- A fairly good start but at parts it was a tad boring and some of the plot turns seemed pointless, but overall a fairly good book.
- Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon - While it was a good book, I feel it fell a bit short in some areas.
- Survive By Alex Morel - While a pretty good Survivor-type book I for one hated the end.
- Lemonade Mouth Puckers Up By Mark Peter Hughes - While still good, not as good as it could have been or as good as the first. Plus I felt that the only reason he wrote it was because they made the first into a movie not because he actually knew what was going to happen next or because he felt the story wasn't over, if you get what I mean.
- Partials By Dan Wells - It's not that this book is bad it's just that it's not as good as some people made it out to be, with the way some people talked about it and what a bunch of reviews I read said about it I expected it to be Epic! but it was more Good. if you get what I mean. The problem I think is that it's hard to do an amazing anything about robots, because basically it's all been done already. But it's still a good book.
Now in my Experience everyone hates books that fall short of their expectations. Whether it completely sucks or its just not what you thought it would be Or maybe it's one that everyone is talking about and all the reviews say that it's the best and then you read it and your like huh, that book was OK but seriously? (Like me with Partials By Dan Wells.) To me at least that's the worst thing ever, well that and your favorite band selling out or breaking up. So then we have -
- Nevermore By James Patterson - worst book ever! http://theblogoftheteenagenobody.blogspot.com/2012/08/review-of-maximum-ride-nevermore.html
- Feedback By Robison Wells - The sequel to Variant which was one of my favorite books this one left a lot to be desired. Meaning it was lame. I mean nothing gets answered really and it just ends even though they find out that robots have been replacing people throughout the whole world and what the heck was with the alien-like creature at the end?
- The Raft By S.A. Bodeen - I usually love survivor-type books, so when I found out this was coming out I was super excited and got it as soon as it came out, Unfortunately I was disappointed with it. I mean in parts it didn't even feel like the main character even wanted to survive. It also seemed a bit rushed and by the end when she got rescued it didn't feel like she'd been out there for long and was about to die, it didn't feel real. I mean most of the book goes like this - She's crying, she's out of water, she finds water, she cries again, you hear a little about Max, then it stars over again. And with the short chapters and everything it made it feel like nothing ever happened. I also didn't really like the character of Max, I get that he was actually dead and all but I still feel that that could have been done better, like he needed to be more likable. The ending was good i guess, but it just felt like after all she'd been through it didn't seem like she really cared all that much. Don't get me wrong it is a nice easy read that is definitely worth it but it's not the best survival book out there.
- A Confusion Of Princes By Garth Nix - Again it sounded better than it was, also really boring is how I would describe it.
- This Is Not A Test By Courtney Summers - This book kinda sucks. I thought it would be a lot better than it was. It was more about the main character wanting to kill herself than the whole end of the world zombies trying to kill them thing.
- Breathe By Sarah Crossan - While it was a good book I felt that it could have been better. I liked the Characters but the only one I loved was Alina. And the danger didn't feel real enough, and the way Quinn decided to rebel with Alina and Bea didn't feel genuine it seemed like the only reason was because everyone else was. But seriously it wasn't that bad. The whole concept of the trees being dead and there no longer being enough oxygen in the atmosphere anymore was really cool.
- The Lost Code By Kevin Emerson - Don't get me wrong it's not a bad book. But it sounds quite a bit cooler and better than it actually is. It's a bit boring, in my opinion. Also I was a bit confused about the characters ages when reading it because on the cover and throughout some of the book the characters look and seem like 16/17 and the in other parts it seems like their like 14, but maybe that's just me.
- Rage Within By Jeyn Roberts - Now it's not that this was a bad book but the first Dark Inside was one of my favorites and this one fell short. While it was still awesome I was expecting/hoping for it to be Amazing like the first one.
That was longer than I thought, I didn't realize just how many books came out last year.In case you didn't notice I have issues writing any kind of review of something I like, If I hate it I can go on and on about it without sounding too stupid but if It's something I like I can only write extremely terrible reviews that basically say I love it and how awesome it is and winds up sounding really stupid, that's why a couple of books on the list don't have any little review. About the most I can manage is a sentence or two before it just gets lame and repetitive. So yeah that's why I don't end up doing a ton of reviews.
P.S. please comment if I forgot something important.