About- The fifth and final Power Of Five aka Gatekeepers book. Just look it up if you don't know what it is - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13343752-oblivion
A Short Review -
I don't know what to say, I'm honestly a little speech-less about this book. First of all I loved it, it was so much better than I thought it would be, but it was slow and boring at parts. The characters were all even better and more developed and just awesome in this book, the author did a good job with the growth of the characters, you can feel them changing but at the same time its still the characters you love. The only bad thing is I felt at times that it was dragging on and just boring like all the author was trying to do is make sure the book is really long and just adding random details. The last half of the book is definitely the best it picks up sped pretty fast and just doesn't stop. The last half completely makes up for the slower boring parts, in my opinion. It definitely makes you feel, from hating parts to pure boredom to almost crying because of the end, and because I did not want it to end, it definitely pulls on your heart strings. I felt that it was definitely a really good ending I didn't feel cheated at all, I felt like it was the best possible ending for this series. On a scale of Maximum Ride to Harry Potter for book endings I say it's definitely closer to Harry Potter, but I hated the epilogue but I hate epilogues period I just don't like them they just make me sad. =(
My Thought While Reading This Book - By the way this is a major exaggeration and SPOILER ALERT!!!
- Chapter one - Chapter eighteen - "Ok, interesting." "Oh, I see what you did there!" "Pick up the pace already!"
- Page #174 - "Come on Scott your better than this!"
- Page #176 - "Poor Pedro....I Hate You Scott! I Hate You!"
- Page #256 - "Oh my Jeez, what do you read Matt? What's going to happen!?"
- Page #258 - "Yay! They're all together!"
Last Half Of The Book -
- - "Finally picking up the pace!"
- Page #349 - "No Lohan no! Do the right thing!!!!"
- Page #378 - "No don't stop, just ignore the village Jamie something is not right with them."
- Page #385 - "No Holly don't look in the window!"
- "Ahhh, I told you not to look."
- Page #457 - "Pedro don't drink that, just don't!"
- Page #474 - "Oh, I do love you Scott, I'm sorry for doubting you but you'll do the right thing eventually, right?"
- Page #493 - "The commander dude has no idea what he's doing stop him Matt, stop him!"
- Page #507 - "Again, I told you!!!"
- Page #516 - "No Matt, don't go, don't do it."
- Page #522 - "Come on, Scott! Don't do this!"
- Page #544 - "That's right Scott do the right thing."
- Page #549 - "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god."
- Page #558 - "Come on Jamie, faster or you won't make it."
- Page #567 - "No Richard don't do it, I mean you have to but don't!" -I literally had to force myself to read this part I did not want to.
- "Oh god no, no, nooooooooooo!"
- "This book sucks!"
- Page #570 - "Here they come to save the day!!!!!"
- Page #572 - "I don't want it to end! I don't!"
- Page #578 - "I don't want to know whats going to happen with the five, I don't!"
- Page #590 - "I loooooooovee this boooook, but I hate epilogues!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Evil will never win entirely. It can't. It's not in it's nature."
"We'll all meet again. Nothing is ever completely over."
I finished this book last week and I'm still recovering. =)