White Chocolate Strawberry Double Layer Cake otherwise known as - WCSDLC what now? Wait what if we call it the What Now cake? Thoughts?
The Cake - (original recipe here)
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda granular
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 Splenda blend
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 7 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, lightly spray two 9-inch cake pans and light coating of flour and set aside.
- Sift flour
- Mix Splenda, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar together in a medium sized bowl on low speed until ingredients are blended.
- Add softened butter, mix on low speed about 2-3 minutes.
- Add egg whites, mix on low speed until incorporated, scrape sides of bowl, mix until batter is light and well blended.
- Scrape sides of bowl, add buttermilk, milk and extracts, mix until blended.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven 20-25 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out dry.
The White Chocolate Mousse Icing -
- 8 ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- Coconut Oil
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- Strawberry Extract
- Powdered Sugar*
- Melt chocolate in microwave with 1 teaspoon coconut oil- set aside
- Whip cream with electric mixer on high until peaks form
- Add slightly cooled chocolate, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 2 teaspoons strawberry extract - fold together
-chill until served or until you frost the cake
The Strawberries -
Cut and add. I put them in the middle and on the top.
*To make sugar-free powdered sugar
3/4 cups Splenda
2 tablespoons cornstarch
mix in food processor
Song Of The Moment - Dancing Queen by ABBA