Wednesday, April 9, 2014
First Impression by Pauline Creeden Blog Tour: Review+Playlist+Giveaway
Release date: March 31st 2014
Publisher: Altwit Press Purchase: Amazon
BOOK SYNOPSIS: Chira Kelly thought she didn’t need anyone…until she met Ben. Because of one ugly rumor, Chira lives as an outcast at her school. Which is fine with her, because she works better alone. Always has, always will. And at least she has her one and only true friend, Tasha. When Tasha insists that they join a group to visit a possibly haunted abandoned old schoolhouse, she's wary, but joins her friend. Because of that decision, their lives are in jeopardy as a malevolent spirit targets the group. Tragedies and accidents pick them off one by one, and Chira finds herself drawn to the one person who can see the truth. But can he protect her?
My Rating: 4.5 Stars
- Really the only bad thing I have to say about this book is that it's too short. Was it good? Definitely but I feel like it could have been great with a little more story, a little more character development, just a little more everything. Because at parts it's rushed like the author was trying to keep the book as short as possible which is okay but I think the book would have crossed the line into great territory with just a little bit more.
- An interesting and ungie concept surrounding the Shadow Maven, I loved it but I wanted to know more about it.
- Ben - I loved Ben because he is absolutely nothing like the standard YA male lead, he's sweet and sensitive and he's not a jerk to the main character, plus the whole supernatural twist thing he's got going on. I'm interested to see him grow and learn more about his mysterious past in further books.
- Chira - I loved her character, while she is geeky and not popular she is is also a unique character in the way that she doesn't immediately fall in love with Ben, and in the way that she pretends to be gay because that is what everyone thinks and while this may sound like a bad thing it's not really, to her it's a game with her best friend to scare off jerks and it comes across as funny, to me this is the thing that explains her relationship with Tasha(her best friend) best and I loved it, though I wish Tasha had been in the book a bit more.
- Ghosts! What can I say? I am a sucker for ghost books and again this book kinda spins it into a unique perspective and everything.
- The Mystery - I also love mystery books and this combines ghosts and mysteries, so what could be better?
In conclusion - It's a fun fast paced book with likable characters and an interesting and unique plot that leaves you wanting more. Could that sentence be more cliche? I don't know, but it's true. If you like ghosts and paranormal books than definitely pick this up because it is more than worth it.
Don't ask me to explain why I picked these songs because I don't know. Immediately after finishing this book I opened my computer went to Spotify and this is what I came out with, I will say though that I picked Play It Again by Luke Bryan purely because it came on music choice FOUR times while I was reading this book of and on the other day.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR In simple language, Pauline Creeden creates worlds that are both familiar and strange, often pulling the veil between dimensions. She becomes the main character in each of her stories, and because she has ADD, she will get bored if she pretends to be one person for too long. Pauline is a horse trainer from Virginia, but writing is her therapy.
Website | Twitter | Facebook
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Don't Forget To Enter My Giveaway! For more info click here
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Follow my blog with Bloglovin