Title - The Trouble With Flirting
Author - Claire LeZebnik
Release Date - Feb 26th 2013
Franny's supposed to be working this summer, not flirting. But you can't blame her when guys like Alex and Harry are around. . . .
Franny Pearson never dreamed she'd be attending the prestigious Mansfield Summer Theater Program. And she's not, exactly. She's working for her aunt, the resident costume designer. But sewing her fingers to the bone does give her an opportunity to spend time with her crush, Alex Braverman. If only he were as taken with the girl hemming his trousers as he is with his new leading lady.
When Harry Cartwright, a notorious flirt, shows more than a friendly interest in Franny, she figures it can't hurt to have a little fun. But as their breezy romance grows more complicated, can Franny keep pretending that Harry is just a carefree fling? And why is Alex suddenly giving her those deep, meaningful looks? In this charming tale of mixed messages and romantic near-misses, one thing is clear: Flirting might be more trouble than Franny ever expected.
My Rating: 4.5 stars
So, I read and loved Epic Fail a few months ago and then I bought this one on my Kindle when it was on sale and had it just sitting around for awhile now and I found out that this author has a new book coming out tomorrow so I figured time to read it and I am so glad I did. I started it at like 1 am and finished at about 4 this morning which lead to a massive head ache this morning but again so worth it. I loved this book, it's fun and cute and exactly what I want in a contemporary.
- Harry - I loved Harry, he's funny and cute and I really loved his relationships not only with Franny but with Isabella who has been his best friend forever. I loved that it had that aspect of a boy and girl who are only best friends nothing more and their relationship was probably my favorite in this book. I also did really enjoy Harry and Franny's relationship even when she was a total jerk to him. He is my favorite type of male love interest, funny and goofy and never taken seriously even when he's sincere and you know just a total flirt.
- Isabella - I loved her and only wish she had been a bigger part other than Franny being jealous of her.
- Vanessa and Laurence - They might have been my favorite characters, I love love loved Franny and Laurence their scenes were my favorite.
- The theater/acting - After music my favorite theme in a contemporary book is theater and acting and while I do wish it had played a bigger part in this book I still loved it.
- Franny - If there is one thing that I almost hated and that made me give this book 4.5 stars it's Franny. I didn't hate her but I didn't love her either. She was a little bit selfish and kind of a b*tch at some points. I didn't really like the way she treated her aunt or Harry for part of it, I hated when she was so caught up on Alex even though I liked him at first. She was funny and entertaining but still, I couldn't love her, at her funny moments I almost loved her but then she'd be stupid and bye bye warm feelings for her.
- Franny's aunt - I felt like towards the end there was supposed to be this kinda big revelation that her aunt actually loved and enjoyed having her or something and that's what I wanted but it wasn't really there, it was kinda implied but it was too late. Like I don't even know why her aunt would have enjoyed her, she took her for granted and walked all over her, it wasn't pretty.
Overall - I really enjoyed this book and it's more than worth the read it's just that the main character can be annoying at some points. But it's one of those books that you enjoy so much when reading it you don't even realize that your annoyed until you try and sit down and review it, it's just fun. =)
Recommended for - Contemporary fans. Jenifer E. Smith fans. Fans of Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill.
Don't Forget To Enter My Giveaway! For more info click here
a Rafflecopter giveaway