I started writing seriously about a year ago(Click here to see those lovely(Read:awful) posts) but I've known that this is what I want since I was like seven. Anyways I've written a couple books that I am proud of, showed only to my family and friends, and am actually currently Querying agents for one of them. But back to the topic, I like to try and write everyday but I don't. So then it's like every few days and I usually try to write between 3,000 and 5,000 words on those days, which I'm proud to say I usually do, the thing is I am a self proclaimed champion of procrastinating which is what I am currently doing by writing this post.
These are some of the things I do when I should be writing -
- First of course I must clean my desk even though I did that the day before.
- Then right when I get settled in I realize I forgot to grab something to drink.
- Next of course I have to check my email while my computer turns on.
- Then I remember I forgot to write a blog post(usually a Waiting on Wednesday or Top Ten Tuesday) and spend anywhere from ten minutes to an hour working on that and various other blog related things.
- Then I check goodreads because the tab already opened when I opened my web browser!
- Next I realize that it's been an hour or more and seriously it's time to write! Get all my notes for that day ready(I have an overactive mind and usually in the middle of the night right as I'm falling to sleep I am plagued with ideas for the next part of my book hence the notes) and then I realize I'm a little hungry and could go for an snack.
- Get said snack and by then there are new things on twitter to read!
- Then it is seriously time to write only my mind doesn't want to focus on the book I am currently working on, no it wants to focus on a new shiny idea I have in my head so then I spend at least thirty minutes getting all of those new ideas out of my head and on to paper so I don't forget them and because they wont leave me alone until then.
- Lastly I finally work for a couple hours writing all the words.
Extra step -
- Sometimes, and this is the worst, I realize that after all of that, after I finally get my words done that I hate them and then I have to spend the next however many hours figuring out what I don't like about what I spent so long writing and how to fix it.
P.S. Make sure to check out the new rules here
Check Out My Goodreads Profile for more book updates and feel free to add me!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin