Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures because I hate taking pictures of myself. =)
Basically, you want to dye your hair because you're a badass.
And I'm going to teach how to dye your hair like a boss.
Colors I have dyed my hair(in order) -
- Blue (streaks, again)
- Red (streaks)
- Red and gold(blond) (streaks)
- Pink and blue (whole top layer and bangs)
-Red and black (all black top layer red)
-Purple, blue and black(top layer black, middle purple, bottom blue) -this one lasted about a year, I kept redoing the same colors
-Black and Orange- Now
So the first question I want to address is the whole, dying is bad for your hair. Well I've been dying my hair for like four years now, usually every three months, and it's still perfectly healthy. Sometimes right after dyeing it will be dried out but that only lasts about a week and then it's fine! Now this is just my personal experience and I definitely wouldn't recommend dyeing it more often than every three or four months.
2. Bleach! I also recommend that unless you have blond hair or extremely light brown hair you bleach, because if you don't it wont be nearly as bright in color and may not take at all.
- Now for bleach just be careful and smart, read through the directions, don't let it touch too much skin and keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn your hair. I use the bleach that comes with the splat dye and have never been burned on skin or hair.
- Also, if you are only doing streaks or highlights use foil to separate it! It's a pain in the a$$ but it's important. You can buy salon foil on amazon, then you use a comb, fold the edge of the foil over the comb and use it as a handle and to help you with folding the foil around the hair. It's not going to look pretty with all the foil in your hair, but it's important.
- Now with bleach it really depends on how dark your hair is for how long you need to leave it in. Most recommend that you don't leave it in for more than an hour, so for instance with my multicolored black hair I had to it twice, leaving it in the first time for an hour, rinsing it out and then a second time for about thirty minutes.
- Again remember that you want it really light if you're going through all the trouble of bleaching because the lighter it is the brighter the color.
- Wash your hair before hand with only shampoo and blow dry with nothing beyond your heat protectant. This leaves your hair dry and makes it easier for the dye to take.
- Do not skimp on the dye, use the whole bottle and apply a lot to every piece of hair! Also run a comb through it to make sure it gets on every strand.
- Again use foil if you are only doing chunks of your hair.
- Let is sit for a good 2 hours, it will look better and last longer the longer you leave the dye in.
- rinse and rejoice.
Random tidbits -
Have you ever dyed your hair? Do you have any tips?
Or do you just really really want to dye your hair but you're too afraid? I want to know!
My New Writing Blog(look for Alex Steele)
The Night Of Writing Dangerously!
This Months Fangirls Spotlight + Giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check Out My Goodreads Profile for more book updates and feel free to add me!