1. Do you get sick while reading in the car? Yes. I didn't used to, and sometimes it's worse than others, but I've developed(is that the right word?) migraines over the last few years, often accompanied by dizziness and it's worse in the car. Even simply reading a short email on my phone while in the car can make me nauseous.
2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why? I love Jandy Nelson, she wrote I'll Give You The Sun, and I haven't read her other book but this one is... Just such good writing. It's very heavy on description and I believe I called the writing magical in my review. =)
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
1. Because real vampires don't sparkle.
2. Because Ron Weasley, ultimate sidekick.
3. Superior writing and in the movies they have actors that can do this thing called AAW(actually acting well).
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books…)? Umm. I have a messenger bag that I carry with me most the time(you know, on the few occasions that I leave the house), it usually holds my book, wallet, gum and the like.
5. Do you smell your books? Sometimes, if I'm really excited or in the middle of the book store and want to make someone feel awkward. Seriously just stare someone in the eyes and sniff your book, it freaks them out. =)
6. Books with or without little illustrations? With! I mean if I had to pick then I'd say every book should have some kind of little illustrations.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? Hmm. It seems the standard answer here is usually Twilight but I only read the first and I didn't like it... I don't know. I give up, I can't think of anything!
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share! Umm. Not really? Again not anything I can think of...
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf? The Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven by Lauren Oliver.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf? Umm. I think Dreams Of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor? I didn't actually go and check page numbers or compare it to other thick books.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author? Um, yes. It's only my one and only dream.
12. When did you get into reading? When I was about twelve. It was after I started getting homeschooled and my mom, sadly, had to force me to read and then I read Percy Jackson and the rest is history... Kinda.
13. What is your favorite classic book? I don't really read classics...
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English? Nope. I was good at math.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do? Umm. I don't know? Pretend I loved it and then trade it in at the used book store?
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games? For Harry Potter I always say Fablehaven by Brandon Mull..but that's mainly because I read them around the same time.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging? Umm...I don't know? I tend to get distracted by the Internet and spend too much time doing random things. I also tend to request a lot of books(ARCs) while blogging.
18. What is your favorite word? Pumpernickel...like the bread. I don't know, it's just always amused me!
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above? Depends, what's your definition of those things? I refer to myself as a nerd when it comes to books, comics, superheroes, movies and lots of other things.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why? Umm, fairies? Because they sparkle for a good reason.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why? Shapeshifters. Angels are over done.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why? Umm, spirits. Because I love ghosts!
23. Zombies or vampires? Zombies because Twilight ruined vampires for everybody.
24. Love triangle or forbidden love? Love triangle. I hate both but for whatever reason I've been especially tired of "forbidden love". Maybe it's because in my experience forbidden love goes hand in hand with insta-love.
25. Lastly: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in? Action packed with a good slow romance mixed in.
So!!!!!! That was loads of fun, Thanks again Jillian! And now I shall tag a few people who are probably tired of me tagging them in everything I do!
Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight
Val @ The Innocent Smiley
Petra @ Petrasbookblog
Molly @ I can never remember the name of her blog...Woven Magic! I knew it had Magic in the name!...sorry Molly. =)
Until next time...
My NaNoWriMo Profile! Let's be friends!
My writing blog: Alex Steele @ Grace&Steele
Check Out My Goodreads Profile for more book updates and feel free to add me!