Yay, another tag! I don't think I've done a tag yet this year...so Yay first tag of the year! The awesome Jillian @ Jillian's Books tagged for this and this is a really cool tag because they're all hypothetical questions!
Get it? We're going on an adventure? =)
1. You have 20K books in your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next? I'm very much a mood reader so whatever I see that catches my eye! Sometimes I'll be in the mood for fantasy or contemporary and so seek that out but again, mood reader.
2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed? Depends on the reason I'm not loving it...if I can't stand the characters but the plot is amazing then no I don't quit. If I can't stand the characters and the plot is boring me, then yes, I quit.
3. The end of the year is coming, and you're so close but so far away from your Goodreads reading challenge? Do you try to catch up and how? Again depends. If I can realistically catch up then I try if I'm like 20+ books behind then I just read like normal. How? By reading books I know I will love and devour fast like. =)
4. The covers of the series you love do not match. How do you cope? By crying tears of rage.
5. Everyone and their mothers love a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings? My cats. They always agree with me.
6. You're reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal with it? I bite my lip really hard. Seriously. Though this isn't a big problem for me something has to be really really sad to make me cry.
7. A sequel of a book you love just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip to the sequel? Try to find a synopsis in Goodreads? Cry in frustration?! Depends. I used to always reread when it was one of my favorites but now I have so much to read! If it's really really high in my favorites then I'll reread the first one if not I'll hope I can catch up by jumping into the new one!
8. You do not want anyone borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask? Not really a problem for me...
9. Reading ADD. You've picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump? Usually, I try to pick up a fun easy read, some fluffy contemporary, or I reread an old favorite.
10. There are so many books coming out that you're dying to read! How many books do you buy? 2 a month! That's my goal for the year only buying two books a month...so far I'm failing.
11. After you've bought the new books you can't wait to get to, how long do they sit in your shelf before you get to them? Depends. Some I jump into right away, other sit for a week or two, others for a year or more... =)
I shall tag people now! Sorry, if you've already been tagged/don't do tags...I won't hold it against you to ignore the tag!
And....done. Four's enough, right?
Feel free to answer any of these questions in the comments below! For instance, are you a mood reader or do you have a schedule and stick to it?