Shipping: The act of wanting, nay needing, two characters to be together. Believing with every inch of your heart and soul that two characters belong together, whether it's that way in the book/tv show/movie or not.
Example: I ship Katniss and Peeta so hard, they just belong together!
Harry and Ginny
(A Ship I Don't Ship)
From: Harry Potter
Spoilers? Minor but yes.
My History With This Ship:
Don't get me wrong when I first read these books back before I knew what "shipping" even was, I totally shipped them. In book six when they kiss and even before that when Harry finally realizes that he likes her? I shipped that hard. But then I reread the books...
Why I Don't Think They Belong Together:
It's not so much that I don't think they belong together as I just don't think it's a ship worthy relationship(I really hope that makes sense).
- They have no chemistry! This is pretty much the only reason, but I really feel like it's true. I mean, one thing I love about Harry Potter is that the romance is barely there, Harry don't got time for that! But still, Hermione and Ron had chemistry, they had all these little hints from the very beginning that they liked each other, Harry and Ginny? Not so much.
- I know we're not talking about the movies, but again in the movies absolutely no chemistry. Seriously those kisses? The things of nightmares! Sorry for the exaggeration.
- Ginny is badass, there is no denying it, way more so in the books than the movies but badass nonetheless. Which is why it's almost...sad that she just basically waited and waited for Harry. Sure she dated other guys but she never even made Harry work for it! I mean sure, that was just part of her character and there's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't make for a good ship, okay?
- I don't hate them together I just think they had a boring relationship. There, I said it.
Who I Think They Do Belong With:
- Harry and Luna (what? with a little development I think that could have been epic!)
- Ginny and Neville (though I'm also fond of the Neville/Luna ship)
Overall: While I wouldn't have wanted any romance to take over more of the plot with Harry Potter I just never felt like Harry and Ginny were really that great together. I loved seeing Ron and Hermione's relationship grow throughout the books, so subtle that sometimes you don't even realize it, but Harry and Ginny are kind of a boring ship in my opinion. It's not so much that I don't think they belong together as it's just not a ship I'm overly fond of.
Please do feel free to contradict me in the comments below, I'd love to hear your opinion on this ship and tell, what's a ship you don't ship? (Also does anyone here ship Harry/Draco? Because I could get behind that!)
Stay tuned next week for my first OTP post which is basically the opposite of this where I'll be featuring one of my One True Pairings aka Ships I Do Ship!