The 7 stages of
Why yes I did make this post when I should've been writing.
1. The beginning. Aka: The f*ck yeah, I got this phase.
2.The "it's loading may as well check Twitter" Stage
3. Let's do this!
This is the stage where you convince yourself you have this. You go and write a couple hundred words then..
4. Oh. I forgot to get coffee stage.
5. THE "I should probably finish that blog post" Stage(other options include the I should check my email phase or the I should check Twitter again phase)
6. The "Okay, back to work" Stage.
During this stage you proceed to sit at your desk and stare at the blank screen.
Stage 7 can go two ways:
1. The Actually F*cking Write stage. Where you finally(after repeating the other stages a few times) WRITE and it's EPIC and THE BEST WORDS YOU'VE EVER WRITTEN.
2. I should just read/watch a movie/spend countless hours on Netflix stage. Wherein you admit defeat for the day while telling yourself you'll just write twice as many words tomorrow.
Let it goooooooo!
This post brought to by a person who should really be writing.
*this post can be applicable to anything but is focused on the stages of procrastinating writing. =)