Okay, I love the different editions Sky and Cait come up with, with this month being couple-y for valentines day, but my go-to couple...well I realized I actually used them last year for a couple-y one and then it's kinda pointless to use them again. BUT then I thought, I wrote their story like eight months after that post, back then it was still a very new idea for me so...how have they evolved and grown??? Plus, I’m going to edit their novel soon so it’s probably good to refresh my memory of their couple-y-ness.
Therefore I bring you yet again: Noel and Liana from Alternate Ways Of Communication
- How did they first meet? Oh, okay, so they had a few run ins but they officially met at Noel's family’s welcome party. They just moved to town to give Noel a change of scenery and Noel and Lee's parents were roommates in college so they all have dinner together that first night. It's very awkward and fun when they first met, um, Noel kind of accidently insults her and I believe he hits his head on a wall at some point too (also an accident).
- What were their first impressions of each other? Oh, Lee thought Noel was pretty stupid and rude. Noel thought the same thing then he realized that he was the idiot.
- How long have they been a couple? Um...not long at all considering they just met in the beginning of the book. And um, "couple" is used loosely throughout their whole story.
- How committed/loyal are they to each other? Would they break up over a secret or a disagreement? Could stress drive them apart? Would they die for each other? Oh jeez. So, um, complicated. They are loyal, extremely loyal, especially Noel...and Lee what am I talking about? BUT they would probably break up for a stupid reason (maybe they even do), stress could drive them apart, and yet they would die for each other.
- List 5 “food quirks” they know about each other. (Ex: how they take their coffee, if they’re allergic to something, etc….and feel free to mention other non-food quirks!) Noel knows: 1. That Liana loves soda because her parents have never allowed her to have it. 2. Liana loves coffee strong but with lots of sugar and cream. 3. That just because she’s from Hawaii doesn’t mean she eats copious amounts of Spam, in fact, she despises it. 4. Not exactly a food thing, but she hates eating around people and especially hates going out to eat. 5. Her favorite snack is Gummy Bears and she eats them in a certain order: red, green, yellow, orange, then white. Um, Liana knows: 1. Noel likes strong black coffee. 2. He’s also a sucker for any kind of iced coffee with lots of sugary goodness. 3. He likes lemon in his tea. 4. He doesn’t drink soda only water. 5. He hates eating around people ever since losing his sight.
- Does anyone disapprove of their relationship? Yup. Definitely. Mainly Lee's mom. But also Noel's ex Jen (not because she wants to be with Noel she doesn't, but because she thinks Lee is too good for him).
- What would be an ideal date? Hmm... Probably just hanging out and listening to music? Enjoying each others company. Doing something quiet with just the two of them. Possibly hunting fairies?
- What are their personality dynamics? Similar? Contrasting? Do they fight a lot or mesh perfectly? They fight a lot and definitely contrasting. Noel is loud and wild and slightly insane while Liana is none of those things. they also disagree and are very different when it comes to their musical tastes which is a big part of their story.
- What have been their best and worst moments together as a couple? Spoilers but... For worst let’s say when Noel overthought everything and ruined lots of things. Best would probably be when they finally perfected the song they were writing together, it was a good moment for them.
- Where do they see themselves and their relationship in the next few years? Who the hell knows??? I’m hoping they’re still together and they are like my OTP, okay? But neither of them is really good at the whole thinking forward thing, it kind of scares the shit out of both of them (Noel most of all).
Okay, leave me links to your posts please! Also, who is your favorite couple you've written? Your writerly OTP?