I've been doing Camp NaNoWriMo this month with the insane goal of writing 200,000 words. That's 4 of a normal NaNo goal of 50k!
SOOOO I had intended to post more this month (so behind on all the things) and at the very least, do a camp update every week well, that failed because of reasons. I have been busier than I had hoped this month so every little bit of time I have has been spent writing! =D
Let's look at week one:
During week 1...
I wrote: 47,644
And drank: LOTS of coffee
- I started out writing Forgotten Name which I have been so excited about since I got the idea and I LOVED writing this book so much. It was fun, it was one of those that was a little easier to write than others and it needs a lot of work because it's a first draft but I loved writing it so much.
- Starting at Midnight on the 1st I had a great start to camp!
- Sprinting! My amazing cabin has set up a leader board for sprints meaning I'm actually doing word sprints this month and it's SO MUCH FUN.
- Pokemon GO... I'm sure a lot of you know about Pokemon GO by now... Well, I started playing week 1, when it came out and I'm obsessed and it's so much fun and some of my cabin mates are playing too which is awesome. Buuuut, um, this is the reason I first started falling behind on my word count. NOT because I let it distract me from writing (though I did...a little?) but because I um...went Poke-hunting at like midnight and tripped and injured myself???? Yeeeeah, I did. It wasn't anything bad but it kind of hurt and it was gross. I won't go into detail, I'll just say I had to have most my toenail removed. Yeeah. I'm that person. the person who got a minor yet dumb injury playing Pokemon.
Me at the end of week one:
Word count: 85.891
Coffee count: Lots!
- Fell behind further because LIFE
- Got a new plot bunny and decided to write that as my second project instead of something I'd already outlined...
- Started my second project, codename: M.I.F. and am in looove with it. It was a little harder to write, difficult to get into which made me fall a little behind because it was taking longer to get my word count met on it, but I love it sooo much.
Week 2, summed up in a gif:
And now for this week:
- I'm about to finish project number 2! It's a very short book! (Update: finished project number 2 and the end is less sad than I thought it was going to be!)
- Reached 100k. What what. I'm halfway there!
- My plans have changed slightly because I want to do Pitch Wars next month, therefore I have to have my main project I've been working on since last July camp, edited again. I wasn't sure I was going to do this because I was waiting for feedback from some CPs but I got the feedback and it was pretty good with just a few little things pointed out that I'm going to be working on fixing now!
- Writer's retreat! So, last November my mom found this thing about people who were renting a castle for a writer's retreat and, while we can't do that, we've decided to work up to that by starting with renting a nice room for four days up at the lake. We live just a few hours from Lake Tahoe so we're going up there for a "writer's retreat" where I shall edit my book and possibly start something new...who knows? Pictures to come!
What happens when you try to write 200k in one month:
No but seriously, camps been fun so far!
with love from camp =)
What have you been doing this month? Camp? If so, how's it going? If not, what have you been reading?? Any fun summer plans??? =)